If you are in the middle of adulthood and have failed to take good care of your skin prior to reaching the age of 30 until now, then there is a high probability that you have received comments from other people that you look older for your age. Don’t you just wish you could take the years back and treat your skin a lot better? There’s no need to worry because Ultraformer HIFU can do exactly that for you!
What is Ultraformer HIFU?
Ultraformer High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) is an ultrasound equipment that is used to lift away signs of ageing from the face and neck instantly by triggering the body’s natural way of regenerating skin cells using ultrasound to deliver heat into the deep tissues and the Superficial Muscular Aponeurotic System (SMAS) layer of the skin. As HIFU heat reaches the depths of the skin, it stimulates the fibres of collagen to become shorter and thicker, resulting in the firming and tightening of the skin on the outside.
Who are the ideal candidates for Ultraformer HIFU?
Ultraformer HIFU are ideal for anyone who wishes to:
- Achieve younger looking skin
- Blur fine lines and wrinkles on different parts of the face
- Firm and tighten mild to moderate loose skin in the face and neck
- Minimise the bulge of saggy double chins
- Undergo anti-aging procedures without surgery
What parts of the body can Ultraformer HIFU be used for?
Ultraformer HIFU addresses problem areas caused by skin aging that are located in the following parts of the body:
- Crow’s feet
- Fine lines
- Droopy eyebrows
- Glabellar or frown lines
- Nasolabial folds
- Saggy cheeks, double chin, and jowls
If skin ageing is not your problem, Ultraformer HIFU can also be used to reduce unwanted fats on the face and improve it to a V-shape contour.
Is there pain involved with Ultraformer HIFU?
The indication of pain is one of the signs that you are getting a gold standard Ultraformer HIFU procedure. In order to stimulate the regeneration of collagen deep in the skin, the procedure uses high heat levels. As the collagen structure is damaged from the heat, the skin begins to heal and repair over the course of time.
However, do not let the thought of pain hinder you from achieving your desired face. There are ways to minimise the discomfort and pain during an Ultraformer HIFU procedure:
- Oral medication, such as acetaminophen, ibuprofen, or NSAIDs, may be prescribed by your doctor to take right before the treatment
- Local anaesthesia may be injected to remove the sensation from the face during the procedure
- Numbing cream may be applied onto the surface of the target area of the skin
What are the steps involved in an Ultraformer HIFU procedure?
These are the steps that you can anticipate on the day of your scheduled procedure:
- A doctor or medical staff cleans the area where the procedure will be done
- An oral medication, topical numbing cream, or local anaesthesia will be administered to ensure that there is minimal pain felt throughout the procedure
- Ultrasound gel is applied onto the target area
- A licensed and trained doctor performs the procedure by placing the HIFU device against the skin
- The ultrasound equipment is then adjusted to the appropriate setting
- Short pulses of ultrasound energy is emitted from the handheld device and delivered deep into the skin reaching the SMAS layer
- The device is then removed as soon as all the target areas have been covered
Because Ultraformer HIFU is a high powered machine, it is important to remember that only doctors who have been trained to operate the equipment can carry out the procedure. Do not agree to undergo the procedure if an untrained and unqualified medical staff takes over this treatment.
How long does a session of Ultraformer HIFU take?
Depending on the size of the area needing the treatment, a session of Ultraformer HIFU can take about 30 to 90 minutes to complete. The procedure is quick and can easily be added into one of your daily schedules.
Are there side effects following an Ultraformer HIFU procedure?
Ultraformer HIFU poses minimal side effects as compared to surgical procedures as it requires no incisions to the skin. Following the procedure, you may notice some bruising and redness in the treatment area, but this is only temporary. Any numbness felt should wear away after a few hours. Ultraformer HIFU is generally safe, not unless it is performed by someone who is not qualified to do it.
Is downtime needed after an Ultraformer HIFU procedure?
A great thing about Ultraformer HIFU procedure on top of being able to give instant noticeable results is having no downtime needed to recover from the procedure. As soon as your treatment is done, you are free to resume your planned activities.
How does one take care of the skin following an Ultraformer HIFU procedure?
Your skin will be very sensitive following an Ultraformer HIFU procedure. While you will not need to take some time off to rest and recover, it is crucial that you take precautions and measures to protect your skin and allow it to heal. Follow these steps:
- Avoid sun exposure — As much as possible, keep your skin away from direct exposure to the sun to prevent sunburn and develop Always apply sunscreen with at least SPF50 daily and use accessories or protective gear that can shield your skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- Drink a lot of water —Water is your skin’s best friend. As your skin has been exposed to high levels of heat during your Ultraformer HIFU procedure, it will thank you for keeping it hydrated after. Water also helps hasten the production of collagen in the body.
- Hands off your face — The extreme heat of the procedure can dry your skin, develop scabs from mild bruising, and make it feel itchy. It can be tempting to pick on the scabs and scratch the itch, but doing so will only damage your skin especially as it is in a delicate stage of healing. Resist the urge to scratch or even touch your face and allow the scabs to fall off naturally to avoid injuring your skin or developing an infection.
- Skip the booze — Alcoholic beverages dry your skin and make your liver work double time. This will do no good to your body and will only delay your skin’s healing. Stick to water instead.
- Take cold showers — Not forever, of course! You can resume using your shower’s heater once your skin is fully healed. Hot baths or showers can cause irritation to your sensitive healing skin.
Edwin Lim Medical Aesthetic Clinic
#02—12/13 Changi City Point Shopping Mall
Orchard Clinic (By appointment only)
#05-51 Lucky Plaza, Orchard Medical Specialists Centre
Phone: +65 69042218
Whatsapp: +65 96372218