How to keep kids strong and happy
Due to the widespread exposure of the child to germs and viruses, it’s obvious of parents to feel a little protective. The immune system in our body protects us from many germs, viruses and toxins that are responsible for causing so many diseases. A well immune system can help in fighting the foreign bodies and in regulating the immune responses for harmless triggers like body tissue and food. While there are few healthy habits like washing hands etc. that can prevent your kid from getting ill, however, there are few tips through which you can boost your immunity.
The foremost thing which is important in improving immunity in kids is to meet all the required nutritional needs for their proper growth and development. A strong immunity offers a powerful defence system which can limit the risk of other illnesses like seasonal flu, cold and cough.
As children are active throughout the day, they should be given the food which can boost their energy levels as well as the immunity system. Eating the right food at the right time, along with proper sleep, can help in improving their immune system. Here are a few immunity boosting foods for kids that you should give to your kids:
- Eggs – Eggs are one of the few healthy options as they are loaded with vitamins and proteins. Eggs are also rich in antioxidants which benefit your child in various ways. There are different ways to give eggs to your child like you can give them boiled eggs, scrambled eggs or poached eggs.
- Garlic – Garlic has amazing anti-bacterial and antiviral properties. Additionally, it also boosts the production of WBCs in the body. It is a perfect herb that you should give to your child as it helps in the prevention of health issues. However, you should ensure that the quantity of garlic is not exceeding as it can cause digestive trouble in your child.
- Turmeric – Turmeric is another herb having medicinal properties. It is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. Turmeric has a component called curcumin which is a powerful antioxidant. You can mix a pinch of turmeric in your child’s milk to boost their immunity.
- Spinach – Most children do not like spinach, but it is loaded with antioxidants and Vitamin C so adding it to your child’s diet is very important.
- Yoghurt – Taking yoghurt help in strengthening the intestinal tract in children. It is full of probiotics which helps in promoting the good bacteria in the stomach. Yoghurt works as a great immunity booster for the kids, and it also works as a good protein source which will help your kid in achieving ideal height in height for age calculator.
- Nuts – Nuts are loaded with essential nutrients which help in keeping different health ailments at bay. Consuming fistful nuts every day can help in boosting your child’s immune system. Some of the nuts that you can give to your kids are hazelnuts, almonds, pistachios, walnuts etc. However, you should be wary of giving nuts to your kids if they are under the age of 5 as it can cause a choking hazard.
In addition to incorporating such food in your kid’s diet, it is also important that they engage in a sufficient amount of physical activity.